Highlights: Leadership, autonomous design decisions and creative engineering execution. Writing good code.
I created various programs and frameworks, which assisted in new and modified business processes. Flexibility and reliability were given a high priority in the frameworks that I have developed. Our clients were the main suppliers of various large retailing groups. A letter of recommendation for the work I have done at NBS is available at http://nowlabs.net/files/resume/NBS.jpg. I was also involved in various facets of the company’s activities such as interviewing prospective employees as well as occupational health and safety.
Most of my development work at NBS was accomplished in the C#/.Net framework. Given below are some of the tools and techniques I have worked with.
- The Infragistics presentation layer on both the Web and Windows platform.
- Crystal Report creation and integration into both the Windows and Web platform.
- ASP.Net application programming using Forms based authentication, role based authorization, scheduling, logging and reporting.
- .Net Remoting through the TCP and HTTP layer.
- User Authentication from web and windows clients through
- interaction with the Active Directory.
- User authentication from web and windows clients through interaction with an XML source.
- Creating and configuring Network Load Balancing (NLB) clusters on Windows Server 2003.
- C# asynchronous and multi-threaded programming.
- C# user control and components with custom events.
- C# plug-in based programming implemented using Interface polymorphism and inheritance polymorphism.
- Code access security and digitally signed assemblies.
- Auto-updatable components hosted off IIS.
- Web service programming including integration of Web Service Enhancements (WSE 1.0 and WSE 2.0) for secure access to web- services.
- Creating Wizard style user interfaces for programs with a procedural flow of execution.
- Creating specialized setup programs to deploy both web and windows applications.
- Databinding and ADO.Net
- Object databases such as Matisse
- XML Spy and Style Vision from Altova for schema and stylesheet creation.
- File encryption and decryption
- Serializing/De-serializing objects into MemoryStream and FileStream.
- SoapBox server XMPP Instant Messaging.
- Calling objects and their methods/properties through reflection.
- Dynamically built user components such as menu generation with built in role based security.
I have written various web applications, web services and windows applications with C# on the .Net framework when I was working at Nexus Business Systems. I have attached documents that include short descriptions/screenshots to convey the features/look and feel of a few of the C# programs/frameworks that I have coded. All sensitive information has been blurred out.
- Windows Application Framework: http://nowlabs.net/files/resume/Windows_Application_Framework.pdf
- Web Application Framework: http://nowlabs.net/files/resume/Web_Framework.pdf
- User Management System: http://nowlabs.net/files/resume/User_Management_System.pdf
- Plug-in Based Document Management Framework: http://nowlabs.net/files/resume/Document_Management_System.pdf
More details of my technical experience are available at http://nowlabs.net/tech